Friday, May 15, 2009

Most Valuable Puppets

These new Nike Muppet commercials featuring Lebron and Kobe are hilarious. I especially like the second spot which features Kobe taunting Lebron James about his championship rings. Classic. Whoever came up with this idea deserves a raise or something.





Zee's a little behind with his post predicting the winners of the Western Conference second round series. But let's see whether he can get that up before both series are finished. Hah! He's still got a few more days. I'm looking forward to Sunday. Both game 7's should be entertaining. I'll be rooting for Houston and Boston. I think it can go either way in the Boston and Orlando series. But I like Boston's chances because they have homecourt advantage and championship mettle. They'll need to get a better effort out of Big Baby and Ray Allen to advance, however. And they'll need to take better care of the ball.

Who would have thought that the Rockets would force a game 7 against the Lakers with both Yao and T-mac out? Crazy. Houston is playing with heart and passion. You gotta give these guys and their coaching staff a lot of credit. I remember telling Zee that Houston would be a tough out because of their toughness and their depth. The Lakers could learn a lot from them. They've been too Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for my liking in the playoffs so far, and are not giving a consistent effort each game. I'm starting to doubt whether they can contend for a title this season. But let's see if they can prove me wrong.

No comments: